The Damon System
The Damon System trend is picking up quickly and everyone is turning to it to achieve straight & flawless smiles
There is a general misconception among people that all braces and orthodontic treatments are the same. But this is false. With so many options available, it becomes important to explore and sensibly select what type of technology and braces are used. The orthodontists around the world can offer its patients more comfortable and effective methods of straightening out their teeth when more technology is made available and developed. The Damon System trend is picking up quickly around the world and it is becoming so popular that everyone is turning to Damon System to achieve straight and perfect smiles.
History of Damon System
The Damon System was invented by Dr. Dwight Damon. It was in the year 1996 the initial version of the Damon braces system was introduced. As compared with conventional bracket systems, the Damon System is far more comfortable, requires fewer appointments and is faster. The Damon System is a passive, fixed and self-litigating method of correcting malocclusions. The Damon System has many advantages when compared with traditional methods of orthodontic treatments. It is a treatment that can be used on the patient of all ages. The modern and sleek hardware makes use of self-litigating technology which reduces treatment time and discomfort. The hardware consists of two pieces namely, the brackets and the archwire.
The theory behind introducing the Damon System
The Damon System has been introduced to avoid the friction issue and eventually speed up the tooth moving process. The Damon System braces are self-litigating braces and an alternative to different types of traditional invisible braces for teeth in the market today. The traditional dental braces require ties (small rubber rings or fine wires that affix the arch wire to the brackets) made out of steel or rubber. They realign teeth by applying pressure, and they consist of small brackets cemented to the teeth, connected by a wire, which is tightened by the orthodontist to shift jaw and teeth.
Advantages of the Damon System
Earlier it was believed by people that they would have to wear traditional braces for several years. But the Damon System has become more popular over a while as their benefits are being recognized widely. Now let’s look at some of its benefits.
- The Damon System can treat mild or moderately severe misalignments of bite and teeth.
- The total treatment time tends to be shorter by as much as six months.
- The Damon System gives the patient the appearance of a broader smile with an exceptional tooth and jaw alignment.
- The Damon System is tie-less which allows the brackets to move freely in the mouth. They are so comfortable, unlike traditional braces.
- By using light and continuous force, the Damon System allows wires to move easily within the brackets into the correct position.
The cost of Damon Braces
The Damon braces cost between $3,800 to $8,000. The cost depends on the degree of correction and the severity of the malocclusion. Many dental insurance plans and flexible spending accounts help to pay for the treatment with the Damon System. Private insurance also helps in clearing payments for the treatments with the Damon Systems without any hassle. The patients can also ask their orthodontists regarding the payment plan for the treatment.
Types of Damon Braces
There are various types of Damon Braces which are as follows:
- Damon Clear Braces: The brackets of Damon Clear braces are transparent and are made from ceramic. Because of its transparency, these braces are less noticeable on the teeth. Damon Clear Braces are similar to traditional clear braces.
- Damon 3 brackets: These types of brackets are a combination of clear material and stainless steel. The clear material is for aesthetic purposes and the stainless-steel offers stability.
- The Damon Q System: Damon Q is the newest and most advanced of the Damon braces. These types of braces feature smoother brackets made of high-grade stainless steel, removable positioning gauges, and rounded corners.
Ceramic Braces Vs Damon Braces
The Ceramic Braces are orthodontic tools used to straighten teeth and fix bite issues. These braces consist of clear or tooth-colored ceramic brackets attached to the surface of the teeth. They are a little more expensive than metal braces. The brackets used for ceramic braces can be color-matched to the patient’s natural teeth and makes it difficult to notice at a distance. Meanwhile, the Damon Braces are self-litigating and are less noticeable than other brackets. The Damon System causes less discomfort and pain.
The Damon System allows the orthodontists to enhance facial changes along with producing straight teeth and beautiful smiles. This system is often referred to as ‘extraction-free’ which is a huge advantage.